4/14/2014

2014 Workshops

My 2014 workshop schedule kicked off with a bang (or at least a bit of hammering) at the first of March with Granulation at Spruill Center for the Arts in Atlanta and at the end of March, Secret Treasures: Amulets and Lockets at Guilded Lynx in Ridgefield, CT. Thanks to all the wonderful students who attended, both workshops were lots of fun with some really great student work coming out of the events. 

In preparation for my workshops this summer at Rio Grande I was recently asked about my favorite moment in teaching. It would be extremely difficult for me to pick just one event in all the incredible learning experiences that I have facilitated, but there is one moment that stands out and makes me absolutely love the teaching part of my job.

It's the moment when someone shows me what they've been working on in class, and everything s/he has learned has come together into something extraordinary. I just look at the piece in awe and realize I had a part in making the lightbulb go on over someone's else's head. In that moment all the endless preparation, the challenges of 21st century traveling, and the sheer physical effort of teaching are eclipsed by this wonderful tangible object that now exists for someone else.


Next up
Peninsula School of Art
Fish Creek, WI
June 26-28, 2014

Folliage III
Rio Grande
Albuquerque, NM
July 27 & 28, 2014
And
July 29 & 30, 2014

No comments: