12/23/2005

song du jour: Carol of the Bells, Nancy Wilson

mood: Quick! Where's my list of stuff to do?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Well, it's become practically politically incorrect to say "merry Xmas" anymore. I notice people were even hesitant to say "happy Thanksgiving" anymore just in case they might offend someone, who doesn't buy into the pilgrim version. I don't consider myself to be Christian in the packaged trip to heaven, church going, God fearing kind of way, but I still hold dear from childhood the idea that for one day a year we might hope for a little more peace and a lot more unconditional love as we ponder the wonder that a new life in the world can bring.

So, to all of you out there I know and love, and to all of you out there I love and don't know, may your 25th be joyful and the beginning of your new year shine in the hope of things to come.

:-)

P.S.
Jean and I have decided that next year we're going to celebrate Saturnalia with lots and lots of chocolate. ;-)

No comments: