3/22/2011

BEEZ in the Belfry: Yet Another Sad Goodbye

In a world of blips and tidbits where we all try to keep up with blogging on our own sites, sometimes there are little gems of reality. Here's one that hit home. (Sandy Bartholomew's banner art makes me exceedingly happy in an Edward Gorey kind of way too.)

BEEZ in the Belfry: Yet Another Sad Goodbye

"...One end of the raveled string leads to an online class I recently took with Marissa Haedike called "Life in the Fish Bowl". It was for artists who blog and how to promote oneself online, drawing lines for privacy, all that good stuff. It was very helpful and made me think about what exactly is OK to discuss on a blog (and I am probably going to violate most of it now). And Facebook. Supposedly these are our "friends" who are reading our posts and they care about us, right? And, yet, I kind of hate Facebook. I can't keep up with it all, Twitter too. And I hate feeling like I am being left out. When local "friends" post about parties that I was not invited to... how is that fun? After seeing "Social Network" I vowed to disconnect from FB. But, on the other hand, as an introvert, I don't think I would have any connection or have a clue with what my own family is up to if I didn't check FB every once in a while. Today I am imagining FB like a giant Magic 8-Ball for the Universe. No, I have not been drinking! ..."
read the rest

No comments: