9/25/2008

song du jour: I Get a Kick out of You, Ella Fitzgerald

I recently created a Russian filigree champagne flute for Thomas Mann Gallery's 20th anniversary event, L'Art Pour L'Art. The theme of the show is not only celebration but the remembrance that artists are free to create art for the sake of doing so. Pour in French means for. Gotta love the pun! The glasses were blown by glass artists, and the metal artists selected were invited to create the stem and base. I chose to form the parts from a single continuous piece of Russian filigree in order to create an elegant flute, reminiscent of Medieval chalices yet with contemporary shapes and lines.

I was pleased to find out that the image of my flute was used for the event announcement on the gallery's website. Check it out here: Thomas Mann Gallery I/O


Curves in the Right Places
Sterling & fine silver, blown glass
©2008, V. Lansford

No comments: