5/21/2007

Shiny Things

I recently discovered and ordered these photos from Will Day, dancer and resident photographer at Dance 101. Shooting metalwork is a complete bitch, and I usually say that the only thing more difficult to shoot is glass because it is even more reflective. Photography of choreography in motion reigns supreme, however, as the conditions are dark with freaky colors due to stage lighting, and most photographers just click as fast as they can in the hope that there will be one or two shots that look vaguely like people doing cool things. Will has that rare sense of how to anticipate and capture the moment of movement that is worth freezing. Film is bad enough, but digital? Well, I know he's got a much cooler camera than mine. ;-) Btw, most of the other pics of me dancing were photographed by Will except for one a while back by my mom.


Nalan


V

Moorish Echoes video click here

No comments: